I am a postdoctoral researcher and joined the Arbeitsgruppe Numerik partieller Differentialgleichungen lead by Roland Herzog in April 2018. Previously I worked within the Image Processing Group at TU Kaiserslauten led by Gabriele Steidl, where I wrote my habilitation. Prior to that I was a doctoral researcher with teaching obligations at the Institut für Mathematik at the Universität zu Lübeck working together with my PhD supervisor Jürgen Prestin.
Currently I am working on
- graph based methods for manifold-valued image and data processing combining both local and nonlocal methods.
- optimization on manifolds, especially proximal methods and their application in manifold-valued image processing
- implementing optimization methods on manifolds and high-dimensional poewer manifolds as they appear in the previous two topics in open source software packages, see my projects
- anisotropic periodic translation invariant spaces and Fourier based algorithms applied to Homogenization
A short list of pages, where you can find me, too
- Within the Mathematics Genealogy Project
- at the Zentralblatt Mathematik.
- at my old affiliation, Institute of Mathematics at the University of Lübeck in the beautiful city of Lübeck.
- and on several social networks, see list of icons in the footer.
Research has the advantage that you get around! It brought me to
- Bad Honnef
- Vienna (Austria)
- London (United Kingdom)
- Bologna (Italy)
- Beijing (China)
- Kolding (Denmark)
- Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium)
- Albuquerque, NM (USA)
- Leicester (United Kingdom)
- Cambridge (United Kingdom)
- Hong Kong (China)
- Paris (France)
- Kiev (Ukraine)
- Strobl (Austria)
- as well as several small workshop venues in Germany